- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.MAKES: 4 servings
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; add oil. Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar and salt; add to yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Combine pizza sauce and sugar; spread over crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, onion and olives. Layer with sausage, Canadian bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.MAKES: 12 servings
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and tint black. Place tinted cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.
- Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings. Yield: 3 dozen.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min.MAKES: 6 servings
DirectionsIn a large saucepan, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Stir in the chicken, salad dressing and cheese; heat through. Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Yield: 6 servings.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.MAKES: 6 servings
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa, taco seasoning and curry powder; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with lettuce. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.